Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Argument ideas

Kind of amazed with people this morning.  There are so many ideas and opinions.  So many detailed and varied view points.  Things I've never thought of and probably would never think of.  Its pretty extraordinary when you think about it. 

Unfortunately all of these opinions often request that you make a side.  That you choose.  Do you think the world is flat, or don't you?  Either it is, or it isn't.  If you don't decide, we aren't going to bother with you.  

And then there's this underlying anger that comes from the person with the ideas, so many times.  But I suppose you can either be passionate about your ideas or not, angry or not.  I'm personally just not fond of the assumptions, anger and insinuations that come along with passionate ideas sometimes.  "If you don't agree, your an idiot!"  "There's no use talking to you, you wouldn't understand because your a ____".

I hope to be the kind of person who is willing to learn and be open.  Though the older I get the more and more I'm aware of my prejudices and judgments, though they morph into new things throughout the years.  I don't know what it looks like to be perfect.  I just hope to point in the right direction and keep my heart and mind open.


No comments:

Post a Comment